Sweets for the Streets is a silent auction and dessert night. A wonderful evening for our guest to peruse a wide variety of items donated from local business.
Funds raised will go directly towards the expansion of Samaritan House. Some may ask themselves why this is such an important cause; here are some facts that most people dont know:
- 11 mothers were turned away on Mother’s Day due to overcrowding
- Every night we see new faces looking for shelter (25 new faces in June alone)
- We often turn away women
- We welcome all sorts of people, often with mental health and addiction issues
- We help the broken, weary, and needy
- We believe that every person matters
In summary, we are looking to build a new home for these women. A home for them is far different than what you or I would be accustomed, it is a place they can call their own. Our shelther dorms holds between 4-10 people, where they get a tinyh bunk to themselves, and sleep holding on to their dearet possessions.